iPhone users have been hearing the same chime while plugging their devices into the wall for a good amount of time. But with iOS 14, Apple started allowing users to change the charging sound on iPhones. Now, the question is, how to change charging sound on iPhone?
You can change the charging sound on your iPhone with the Shortcuts app. It allows you to make the iPhone play different sounds when you connect and disconnect it from the wall. You can also change the sound effect of one and make the device play no sound on the other.
Want detailed steps on the process of changing the iPhone charging sound effect? You would want to keep on reading as this guide will go through everything you need to know.
How to Select the Right Audio for the iPhone Charging Sound Effect
If you’re on iOS 14 or higher, it’s possible to set anything for the charging sound effect on your iPhone. However, it’s better to use a shorter clip. After all, having your phone play something for a minute or so when you plug it in can be pretty annoying.
I would recommend not choosing a sound effect that’s longer than five seconds. Wondering where you can download short sound effects? I recommend Zedge. It’s available on the Apple App Store. You can use the web version if you don’t want to download the app on your iPhone.
There, you will find a host of free short audio clips that you can set for iPhone charging sound effects. Alternatively, you can clip a small portion of your favorite music. For this, I would recommend Clideo. It’s a free web tool that lets you quickly cut a short portion of any audio.
How Do I Change the Battery Charging Sound on iPhone
Let’s get into the main topic of this guide now. So, you can change the charging sound on iPhone through the following steps:
- Download and install the free Shortcuts app
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap on the Automation tab
- Press on the plus sign that’s in the top-right corner
- Tap on the Create Personal Automation option
- Select Charger from the bottom of the list
- Choose the Is Connected and Is Disconnected options to change the charging sound effect when plugged in and plugged out
- Tap Next and press Add Action
- Press on Media and then select Play Music
- Tap on the Music option and browse through your library to set the sound you want the iPhone to play
- Turn the Ask Before Running toggle off
- Follow the instructions on the screen to confirm the changes and press Done
Here, if you don’t want to change both the charging and disconnecting effects on iPhone, you can choose either one of them.
Can You Make the iPhone Say Something When It Is Charging?
You can make your iPhone say something when you plug it into the wall. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Shortcuts application after installing it from the App Store
- From the menu, tap on Automation
- Press the Create Personal Automation option and select Charger from the list
- Select Is Connected and Is Disconnected or one of them if you want to
- Click on Add Action and select All Actions
- Choose Speak Text from the list that pops up
- Tap the blurred Text option that’s next to the Speak icon
- Write what you want your iPhone to say when you plug it in or disconnect it from the wall
- Press the Blue arrow that’s on the bottom and do some further customization on the sound effect
- Check whether the iPhone is saying the text input properly by pressing the play icon
- Toggle off the Ask Before Running option and press done
Here, you need to remember that the iPhone will say your text input loud when you plug it in, disconnect it from the wall, or both. So, I would recommend not to input any dirty jokes if you don’t want to be ashamed in public.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Change My iPhone to Say Something When Charging?
You can change your iPhone to say something when charging through the Shortcuts app. Select the Speak Text option From the customization it offers for charging effect. Then, input the text and follow the instructions on the screen. Select done to confirm the change.
Does iPhone Make a Sound When Fully Charged?
iPhone does not make any sound when it is fully charged. However, if the charging brick stops charging the device and starts charging it again, you will hear the charging sound effect.
How Can I Tell If My iPhone Is Charging?
As Apple explains, when your iPhone is receiving charge, you will see a lightning bolt inside the battery icon. If your phone is not set to silent, plugging the phone into a charging brick will play a sound.
Final Words on Customizing the Charging Sound on iPhone
See? It’s not hard to learn how to change charging sound on iPhone. You just need to install the Shortcuts app and make the right customization. But remember to turn the Ask Before Running toggle off. Otherwise, the customized sound won’t play automatically when you plug the phone in or out.
Meet Abid Ahsan, the trusted luminary behind BitsFromByte. With a degree in Computer Science and over a decade of experience, Abid’s authoritative expertise shines through his in-depth guides, meticulous reviews, and timely news coverage on software, operating systems, consumer tech products, phones, PCs, and laptops. His dedication to accuracy, transparency, and unbiased reporting makes it easy for our readers to stay informed in this rapidly evolving tech landscape.